Statement of Faith
Our beliefs are based solely on the Bible, God's infallible written Word, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that the Bible was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the inerrant and entire revelation of God's will for salvation, and the Divine and final authority for the Christian faith and life ( 2 Timothy 3:15-17).
* We believe in one God, the creator of all things, eternal, infinite, perfect, and manifested in three persons as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (John 1:1-3; Isaiah 44:6-8; Matt. 28:19; Mark 12:29; Duet. 6:4; Isaiah 43:10).
* We believe Jesus Christ was God manifested in the flesh, true God and true man, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary (Isaiah 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Isaiah 9:6).
* We believe in His sinless life, His miraculous ministry, His substitutionary death on the cross as atonement for our sins, His bodily resurrection from the dead, and His ascension into heaven to serve as our Intercessor before the Father (John 1:14; Hebrews 7:25,26).
* We believe in salvation only through the blood of Jesus. Man was created good but by voluntary transgression fell, and his ONLY hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ ( Rom. 3:23; Rom. 10:13-15; Eph. 2:8; John 3:3-8; 1 John 1:7-9). This causes us to enter the family of God by an experience called the "New Birth" as Jesus taught Nicodemus in John chapter 3.
* We believe water baptism is by immersion, and must be observed by all who truly repent and believe on Christ as he commanded. (Matt. 28:19; Acts 10:47,48; Acts 2:38; 1 Pet. 3:21 Rom. 6:4,5)
* We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a gift from God, promised by Christ to all believers, distinct from and subsequent to the New Birth, ( Acts 2:38,39; Acts 1:4-8; Acts 15:8,9) and that speaking with tongues is the initial physical evidence ( Acts 2:4; Acts10:44-46; Acts 19:6).
* We believe in divine healing and prayer for the sick. Deliverance from sickness and disease was provided in the atonement (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matt. 8:16,17; Mark 16:18; John 5:14; James 5:14,15).
* We believe in the blessed hope and return of Christ. The resurrection of those who have fallen asleep together with those who are alive and remain, is the imminent and blessed hope of the Church (1 Thes. 4:16; Rom. 8:23; Titus 2:13; 1 Cor. 15:51,52).